Sunday, February 19, 2017

Secret Shopper Summary

I went to a library in another county to do my assignment.  The readers' advisory interview started off really well because she was asking me questions about what book I just read and why I liked it but then when I said that I wanted something different as opposed to what I had previously been reading, she stopped asking questions and even eye contact.  She disappeared without a word and I was left there just standing around waiting for her to (hopefully) return.  When she did return, she handed me two books and pointed to the section I requested and said if I needed anything from her to ask.  She never did come back to see how I was doing either.  Also the two books she had handed to me weren't even close to what I had wanted for my 'good book' request.

The library was really busy and I think she didn't know about the romance genre.  I am open to going back there to try another readers' advisory interview with another librarian. 










1 comment:

  1. I think you mean secret "shopper" summary :) Sorry your experience wasn't very good. Have you sent in the full paper yet?

    ReplyDelete